Tuesday 7 November 2017

My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

It's been a long time since I typed up a lipstick post, which is quite shocking for me as lipstick is easily my favourite makeup product. I think its because I have a lot less time to do my makeup now I have Archie and I always reach for an easy trusty nude that I know will work with every look. I have  a few nude lipsticks that I've been reaching for non stop over the last few weeks and I think they are  perfect for the season, so I thought I would share with you all my top five favourite, because I know you guys love a nude just as much as me.


My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Colour Lipstick in Pink Blink

Out of all the lipsticks in this post, this Stay Matte lipstick from Rimmel is by far my favourite and probably most used. I reach for it most days because its so easy to wear and it goes with every makeup look and every outfit. I think Rimmel brought these lipsticks out quite recently and I managed to win this one in one of their giveaways (thanks guys). This shade is the most pretty pink toned nude and it looks so beautiful on. If you see any of my selfies over on Instagram, you can pretty much guarantee that I'll be wearing this. I'm also really impressed with the formula of this lipstick - It applies wet but instantly dries to this matte velvety nude which is not too drying. I think I'm almost out of this lipstick, so I need to make a repurchase and possibly treat myself to some more shades. If you love this range as much as I do, please send your recommendations this way.

My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Hitch Hike 

When I got my hands on the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette (review here) I knew I needed to find the perfect lipstick to match the beautiful coppers, reds and browns in that palette. I happened to be browsing the Urban Decay counter around the same time and came across the most beautiful lipstick shade ever! It was love at first swatch with the Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in the shade Hitch Hike - It's described as a brick rose, which I think describes the shade perfectly. It's one of Urban Decay's comfortable matte formulas, which is right up my street as I love a matte finish. The formula of this lipstick is not too drying either, which is perfect for this cold autumn weather. I'm completely obsessed with this lipstick right now and it matchers the season perfectly. 

My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

NYX Lip Lingeire in Honeymoon

Ok so I'm obsessed with the formulas of the NYX Lip Lingerie lipsticks and the shade Honeymoon (pictured left) is one of my all time favourites and is perfect for this time of year. This nude is very much a brown toned nude and is a little throw back to the classic 90's lip. I never used to think I could pull this shade off, but I found it only really works for this time of year. Even though it looks very brown (on me) it's still really wearable and I love it.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Embellishment 

I think everyone needs a trusty grey/purple toned nude in their makeup collection and Embellishment from the NYX Lip Lingerie collection is perfect and looks so beautiful on the lips. This time last year, this was the only nude that I was reaching for and it matches cool toned eye makeup perfectly. Whenever I wear this shade I always feel that I'm stepping out of that everyday makeup look a little bite more and it instantly makes me feel like I'm one of the cool kids. But honestly I promise you this shade is really wearable and anyone will be able to pull it off. 

My Five Favourite Nudes for Autumn/Winter

Mac Brave 

There used to be a stage in my life where I only wore Mac lipsticks and now I rarely reach for them, however Mac Brave will always be a staple in my makeup bag and for me as it's the perfect, my lips but better nude - I would describe this as a pink toned nude, with an added touch of brown thrown in.  I love wearing this and the semi matte formula is perfect for everyday wearing. This also looks great with my Mac lipliner in Soar, which instantly takes this lipstick to the next level!

So there we have it, my favourite nudes for this autumn/winter. Let me know what your go to lipstick is right now? Is there anything I should be adding to this list.

Share:

1 comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig