Wednesday 5 October 2016

Archies 7 Month Update

Mummy and Baby, 7 Month Baby Update, Baby Sleeping, Baby Progress, baby weaning, Pregnancy, Parenting, Parent Blogger,

Mummy and Baby, 7 Month Baby Update, Baby Sleeping, Baby Progress, baby weaning, Pregnancy, Parenting, Parent Blogger,
Mummy and Baby, 7 Month Baby Update, Baby Sleeping, Baby Progress, baby weaning, Pregnancy, Parenting, Parent Blogger,

So this week my little Archie bubble hits the 7 month mark and as I've missed out a few of his monthly updates I thought I'd tell you about his latest progress in this update post. I can't believe he's 7 months old already. When I think that pregnancy lasts for 9 months, he's not far off that mark and time is just flying by so fast. On Archies last update post he was still very much a baby, I know he is still now, but his behaviour and routine was still very much baby like. But in just two months everything has changed and he's become quite the little character.

The biggest change I saw in Archie was last month as he can now fully sit up on his own without any support. It really changes things up a little and its great that he can now happily see the world from a different point of view. Sitting up is his favourite position during the daytime now and he can get quite grouchy when if he's been laying down on the floor for too long.

Another change we saw at the 6 month mark as his ability to roll. This was so lovely to see as Archie has always hated tummy time and getting him to stay on his belly for more than 2 minutes used to be a nightmare. Don't get me wrong he still doesn't like to stay on his tummy for very long, but as soon as he lies down on his back the first thing he will do is roll over to his front, he loves it.  He still hasn't mastered the roll back, he doesn't even try to even with encouragement, its like he gets stuck on his front and will stay there until he cries or wines to be moved. I'm sure with a bit more practice he will get there.

In terms of sleeping Archie has gone completely backwards, which is probably why I've been putting my blog on the back burner recently as I've been so tired. We moved Archie to his own room at the beginning of last month and since that very first night he decides that its great fun to wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes he's completely satisfied with having a bit of milk and a cuddle; but more often or not its a completely different story. For instance last night he woke me up at 4 and decided that he wanted to stay up. Over two hours we went over everything from him rolling around in his cot, a not so nice poo explosion, huge giggling fits when I looked at him, a long winded feed and a huge cry at the end, which eventually wore him out. Things like this seem to be happening so regularly and as I mum I find it so exhausting. I just don't get it as he used to be such a good sleeper and would be quite content to sleep the whole way through the night. I get the feeling that we had it good for too long and now I'm experiencing some of the horror stories other mums told me whilst I was pregnant lol. 

Mummy and Baby, 7 Month Baby Update, Baby Sleeping, Baby Progress, baby weaning, Pregnancy, Parenting, Parent Blogger,
Mummy and Baby, 7 Month Baby Update, Baby Sleeping, Baby Progress, baby weaning, Pregnancy, Parenting, Parent Blogger,

Sleeping aside, he's doing great and I love the way that he interacts and engages with me and James. I love how he looks at listens to my every word when I talk to him and its so lovely to watch him playing with his toys. Literally everything wants to go in his mouth right now and he will grab everything in sight! He's never satirised with his own toys and loves the controller for the tv and our phones. We actually had to stop him from picking up our phones as his dribble gets everywhere, including the speakers. 

Archies also taken a huge interest in food, last month we started weaning him and so far its going really well. We decided to do a mix of baby led weening and feeding him with purees and a spoon and he likes both. He really loves asparagus; I usually steam them until their cooked and they're the perfect size to fit in his hand. He doesn't seem to be a fussy eater which is great and so far has pretty much eaten anything that we've given him. At the moment he's still on the basics, like veggies, fruit, porridge and baby rice and its going down a treat. I can't wait to try him on some different kinds of foods and see if he likes some other types of food. 

Archies also become very vocal, he makes so many different kinds of noises. Sometimes its almost like he's trying to talk to us which is very cute. Other times he literally shouts as loud as he can, its so random and so funny. Whenever he does it he always ends up chuckling to himself which is just adorable, he just makes my heart melt.

It's been so lovely watching him grow and make so much progress over the last few months and I feel like he's really coming out of his baby ways. As lovely it is to see, it does make me sad that he's growing up it feels like someone is permanently pressing the fast forward button. But this stage in his life is way more fun than when he was a newborn and I'm loving every minute of it.

Let me know how you're getting on with your little ones? Have you got any tips for sleeping?




Share:

2 comments

  1. He's so adorable, look at his little face!! George has been the same since being in his own room, just wakes up about 2am every time but we just bring him in our bed and co-sleep and he's straight out like a light until 6/7am. Obviously that's only good if you're happy to co-sleep, we love our cuddles. The third picture is so adorable!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is adorable! I hope he starts sleeping well again, I can only imagine how tired you must be! But once you see that face, you think its all worth it!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig