Monday 23 March 2015

The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks

The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks, Bourjois, Smashbox, Mac Honeylove, L'Oreal True Match, Yves Rocher
The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks, Bourjois, Smashbox, Mac Honeylove, L'Oreal True Match, Yves Rocher

Whenever I think of spring beauty essentials, pretty pinks, soft smokey eyes and dewy skin always come to mind. For me theres something really refreshing about the change of the seasons and the start of spring starts that countdown to summer. I think generally everyones moods uplift a little this time of year. One thing that really allows me to embrace the change of the seasons is changing up my makeup a little bit. So today I've brought a few of my favourite beauty bits together which I think will be perfect for spring and are an essential in any makeup bag.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

One of the first things that gets switched up in my makeup bag this time of year has to be foundation. During the colder wintery months I like something with a little more coverage. But spring time is all about that fresh glowly dewy skin. I love it when your skin has that 'I'm not wearing any makeup' makeup look, if you know what I mean. Whilst there are loads of amazing medium to light coverage foundations available, I love reaching for the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I have combination skin and the light foundations have a tendency to melt off my skin very quickly, so I find the True Match gives my skin that natural skin look but still gives me the coverage that I need.

Bourjois Smokey Stories Palette - Over Rose 

No matter what the season I love a smokey eye, but like I mentioned before, for me spring daytime looks are all about soft colours and minimal makeup. This quad eyeshadow palette from Bourjois is perfect for spring. In this palette you get the perfect standard light pink highlight colour, a gorgeous dusty pink shade, a warm dark chocolate shade and a glittery shimmery pink in the centre. These pink toned shadows create such a pretty eye look for spring and the quad allows me to create so many different looks. Another lovely thing about this palette is that each shadow is very pigmented, blends well and has great staying power - Definitely an essential in my makeup bag.

The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks, Bourjois, Smashbox, Mac Honeylove, L'Oreal True Match, Yves Rocher


Mac Lipstick - Honeylove

Mac's Honeylove is my most recent Mac purchase and a lipstick that has been on the top of my wish list for some time. As you know I've got a thing for nudes at the moment, and whilst I'm still loving the likes of Velvet Teddy and Brave, I was after something a little bit lighter for spring and Honeylove is that perfect shade. I find it to be a light toned nude which has a slight pink tint to it, so it does't wash my lips out in any way. It's matte formula is in no way drying and last hours on my lips. This lipstick not only looks really fresh and neutral for spring, but it also looks amazing paired with a lip gloss. I have a full review coming up on this lipstick very soon, so be sure to keep a look out for it. 

Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner

This eyeliner from Smashbox has become a bit of a staple in my makeup bag ever since I received it, but now it's spring I know I'm going to be reaching for it even more. Around this time of year I don't like to wear anything too heavy or dramatic on my eyes and love a more softer eye look. Kohl liners are not only great for creating that perfect smokey eye look, but I love the way that you can blend them out for a much more softer look. This one from Smashbox is really amazing, it's long lasting, sets pretty quickly and it sharpens itself every time you twist the lid off to use it - Which is a huge bonus as I can never find a sharpener when my pencils go blunt. 

The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks, Bourjois, Smashbox, Mac Honeylove, L'Oreal True Match, Yves Rocher


Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush - #03 Rose Tender 

It's the time of year where I say a big hello to cream blushers and my favourite ones have to be the Bourjois Little Round Pots. My most reached for cream blush has to be in the shade Rose Tender as its gorgeous and gives your skin most beautiful and natural rosy cheeked look. I am just loving this pale pinks for spring and this blush really helps to achieve a gorgeous spring look 

Yves Rocher La Parfum Comme Une Evidence 

Not only do I want to change up my makeup look for the new season, I like to change up my fragrance too. Recently I've been loving this beautiful sweet scented floral perfume from Yves Rocher. This perfume is really light and has a lovely rose scent to it making it the perfect daytime fragrance for spring. Whenever I wear this, I get so many compliments and it's always great to hear that you smell nice. Not only does this perfume smell great, but the bottle is absolutely stunning too and I love the pump that disperses the perfume. It's a spring time winner. 

The Spring Essentials - My Top Beauty Picks, Bourjois, Smashbox, Mac Honeylove, L'Oreal True Match, Yves Rocher

As you can see there are a lot of pink in this post but I really love ditching the darker colours that come with winter and swapping them with pink toned shades that really warm up and brighten up my complexion. I would love to know what beauty essentials are working their way into your makeup bag this spring. If any of your picks match mine let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love


Share:

9 comments

  1. These are going to look gorgeous in spring! Especially the eye palette and cream blush from Bourjois. They are such good products. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen that Bourjois palette before but I love it!
    I am going to have to add it to my collection
    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of Honeylove! It's been a while since I treated myself to a new MAC lipstick actually...

    PhotoJennic 

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these look perfect for a spring make up look. I love the look of the Bourjois Blush and MAC Honeylove. I will defiantly be adding these to my make up wish list.

    Beth x
    http://www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding this palette really appropriate for the season. I'm leaning towards the same colors myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the eyeshadow palette and I just adore the color of the blush.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks!!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig