Saturday 5 May 2012

O.P.I | In"SPIDER"ed


Hello Beauties. I'm spoiling you lot with two nail polish posts today, but seeing as it's the weekend and I'm a nail polish fanatic, then why not?

I was really excited when I woke up this morning to find that my copy of 'Scratch Magazine' had popped though my letterbox (Thanks Mr.Postman and to Ian who sends me the copy each month). For those of you who don't know Scratch Magazine is the ultimate magazine for any nail polish lover, as each glossy page (and that's around 150 pages) is filled with everything and anything nail polish related and gives you all the gossip on new nail collections and the latest nail trends. WOW I know, if you would like to find out more about Scratch Magazine you can do so here.

So, let me get to the point of this post. I was flicking though the Scratch pages and one nail polish collection that really stands out to me and brings out the 'geek' in me has to be the new O.P.I Spider-man collection. All the shades have been in"SPIDER"ed by the new Spider-man film which will be released in cinemas soon. 

I think some of the shades in this collection will be really hit and miss with a lot of people. I for one am not jumping from wall to wall to get my hands on each and everyone of them. But there are some pretty shades which are defiantly worth a look!!


Into The Night

I think Into The Night looks as though it is the classic Sipder-man blue and it has been described to have a lovely shimmer to it. This polish is a deep dark blue which can borderline a purple colour as well, so it really gives it that midnight effect.

 
Call Me Gwen-Ever 

 Call me Gwen-Ever is a beautiful orange/coral toned colour which I think will be great come summer time. It's supposed to have a really rich creme based formula which I peronally love in a nail polish. I also think this would suit most skin tones and is not such a daunting orange that would scare people off.


Your Web Or Mine?

I love the name of this polish as it is so Spider-man-esque! Your Web Or Mine is frosty pink polish and I have to say that I do like this colour, but don't think its very unique and I'm not quite sure what is has to do with Spider-man?

My Boyfriend Scales Walls

The only thing that really excited me about this polish has to be the name of it. I don't really know why they've put a white polish in the collection as its pretty much a box standard colour. I've had a look at some swatches of this on YouTube and I've noticed that its not the brightest of whites, and has a slight blue/grey undertone to it. If that's something your looking for My Boyfriend Scales Walls will be perfect for you.


Number One Nemesis

Number One Nemesis is a colour that I would most defiantly want in my nail polish collection. The picture I have here is really not doing it any justice and I seriously urge you to have a look online for some swatches of this beauty. It's the perfect deep green/gold metallic shade that almost has a graphite tone to it. One thing that really excited me about Number One Nemesis is that is supposed to be an exact dupe for Chanel's Graphite Polish. I know O.P.I prices can be a little steep for nail polishes but are a fraction of the price of a Chanel ones!  


Just Spotted a Lizard!

This is another one I am just loving from the Spider-man collection, again it's nothing new in terms of colour as I believe a few brands recently have come out with a shade very similar to this one, so O.P.I is a little late here. But this shade does have gorgeous green/yellow and gold chrome effect to it which really gives it that lizard kind of effect. Again for those of you who do love a good dupe, Just Spotted a Lizard! is a supposed to be a fantastic dupe for Chanel's Peridot polish!


Shatter The Scales 

Shatter The Scales is the only shatter polish in the collection. For me I am a little over and bored of shatter polishes now, but I do like the colour of this one as its a dark shimmery green colour with flecks of glitter in (and as you know I do like my glitter) but I don't think I would purchase this polish either way. I've seen swatches of this shatter polish over the other polishes in the Spider-man collection and to be honest I'm not sure if it compliemtns all the shades, but I'm sure some of you will be able to make it work for you. I'm still undecided though!

So that's all the polishes in the collection beauties. For those of you who are wanting to get your hands on these, I've had a good look around but I can't find when the release date is in the U.K. I know that they are available in the U.S now. For updates though be sure to check the Lena White website as no doubt they will have the collection on there when its released. 

As always I would love to know your thoughts.


 
Share:

8 comments

  1. Lovely post! I absolutely loveeee the orange one! I'll definitely be getting my hands on that when it's in the UK! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, the orange one is fab, I hope we get then soon x x

      Delete
  2. This collection looks pretty! Can't wait to get my hands on it

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of these shades look lovely. I wish opi was sold in boots that would be amazing x x x

      Delete
  3. i think this is the happiest day of my life... my love for spider man and love for nail varnish coming together :') xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow hehe I bet you over the moon, it's a great collection, let me know of you get any of the shades x x

      Delete
  4. This collection of nail varnish looks really nice :) xx
    www.fromnicolewithlove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, I got a bit excited when I saw it in the magazine hehe x x

      Delete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig